My mum used to make these biscuits when she was a girl with my Grandma, and I LOVE this recipe so I’ve decided to share it with you ❤ …
For this recipe you will need:
4oz of flour (we used self raising)
4oz of baking margarine
4oz of rolled oats
4oz of sugar (any will do but we use demerara for a lovely flavour)
4oz of desiccated coconut
2tbsp of golden syrup
1tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 160 degree (fan).
- Mix the flour, sugar, coconut and oats in a large bowl.
- Heat the margarine and golden syrup in a microwaveable bowl in the microwave until melted and bubbling.
- Stir the bicarbonate of soda into the melted mixture of butter and syrup (it is okay if it starts to fizz).
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until it forms a dough like texture.
- When mixed to the right consistency, make small near palm sized balls and place them on a tray with greaseproof paper on it. When on the tray, press down slightly to make a squashed sphere. MAKE SURE THEY HAVE PLENTY OF SPACE AS THEY CAN SPREAD A LOT 🙂
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 mins.
- Take them out the oven when lightly golden, leave on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a cool rack. We take them out when they are light brown and a little chewy (yum yum), if you leave them longer, they will become harder biscuits.
- When they are cool enough… EAT THEM!!!!! :):):):):):):):):)
This recipe makes approx. 12 biscuits and will keep for approx. 3-5 days in an airtight container.
I hope you like my recipe and maybe try it out for yourself.
CRAFT, CRUISE AND HAVE FUN